Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hairy Plums

Today I had the follow-up with the surgeon. Everything is healing right! YAY! She removed the sterry strips and put new ones on. I have had 2 incisions that have been leaking more then the others so I asked her about it. She said the one in the belly button will leak more because it is bigger and that is where they took the gallbladder out (I know everyone wanted to know that!) and there is 1 on the side that is leaking and she said that she applied a topical anesthetic so that is why it is leaking and it has a little more color to it. But I just have to keep the belly button one dry after the shower (q-tip) and they will be fine. The sterry strips will once again slowly curl up and peel off. Yesterday I drove up to my house from my parents. I was ready to stop driving by the time I got home. It was a long drive and I really didn't realize it until now. I stopped at Tammy and Josh's to drop off stuff that mom and dad had in my car for them. I stole Lexi and she came to my house with me. She was such a good helper. She unloaded my whole car for me. I cannot thank her enough for doing that. It was really hard for me to carry things and I didn't realize that it would be so hard. After we/Lexi unloaded the car, Lexi picked peaches off the tree at my house. She said for me to pay her back for helping her, I will give her peaches. She was really funny about them.

I stayed with the kids last night while Tammy and Josh went to a play at Hale Theatre, Lexi helped me out alot again. She really is a lot of help! She was eating a peach and she told me that she is just going to call them "Hairy Plums". It took me a minute to realize what she was saying but then I had to tell her they are peaches! She also wasn't too sure about the "hair" on them and if it was ok to eat it.

Thanks again for helping me Lexi! You are such a big help! You really did help me out. I will find a way to say thank you!

3 comments:

The Barton's said...

Nicky!
Glad to hear from you girl! Where are you at? Life treating you good? Glad you found me! How are the folks? Is your dad doing well? Sure love that man! He was always good to me!
Take care
Katie

Scottie and Tasha said...

Let me know if you need anything when you're here in SL we're practically next door!

Aslo, to answer your question: Scottie will finish the Masters program here (graduate in May) and then his start date will be around the end of August. So we're still here for almost a year and then we've movin' out! We'll definitely have to get together before then!

J&J said...

Hey Nicky!
I'm glad you found me, this blogging thing has been fun to keep in contact with everyone! I hope you are feeling better:)