Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pray for Tyler


Yesterday when I was walking in from my lunch break I got this text from my sister Nancy that her and Dallas were taking Tyler to the emergency room and to call mom and let her know. So right away I called my dad and told him and then I called Cottonwood Elementary and tried every number I could to get a hold of my mom to tell her. I finally just told Carol Stilson the situation and she said that she would personally walk it down to my mom. (We grew up with the faculty at Cottonwood so they treat us all like we are their own children. She was so worried and concerned) I texted Nancy and told her to keep me updated and I can let mom and dad know. A while later she texted again saying that they got scans and were just waiting and they were thinking it was his shunt but not sure. They did find out that it was his shunt and he was taken into surgery last night and to read all the details, Nancy put it on her blog. I got a phone call at about 9:30 from my dad saying that they would take Tyler into surgery within the next few hours so by that time my anxiety/nerves were just starting up. Then he called back at 11:30 and said it was all over and everything went fine and he is in the PICU. It was so hard for me because I don't remember a surgery that I haven't been at the hospital. He has been through so much in his short 3 years. He is such a fighter, he is one of my heroes! Get better soon Ty!! Aunt Nicky loves you. You need to be all better for your birthday party next week. I'm sad I won't be there but I'm going to come down in a few months and see you!

2 comments:

The Barton's said...

I am so sad about that little guy! I didn't know anything was wrong with him. I will be thinking and praying about him! Keep me posted!

The Barton's said...

Nicki! I am so sad to hear about this little guy! I will be thinking and praying for him! Keep me posted!