Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday (a day late) Tyler


hospital2
Originally uploaded by nlabrum



I know this a day late, but my computer crashed.. (it got a virus) So I am sitting here at Tammy's. I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my little man, Tyler. I can't blieve that you are 3! This picture was taken the first time I got to hold you! Nancy surprised me when I got to the hospital and asked me if I wanted to FINALLY hold you. When she placed Tyler in my arms, I felt like I holding nothing. I asked her if she could get me a pillow to put under him so I could feel like I was holding something. I sat there just looking at this little miracle in my arms.

I remember the day that little Tyler was born! The night before he was born, I had taken my sleeping pill and I had gone to bed. I got woke up by a phone call from my parents saying that Nancy had gone into labor. I asked what day it was because I know when I had fallen asleep it was only September and I knew that she wasn't due until December so that had really confused me. I was starting to think I was having a dream. I ran out to the living room and told my roommates because they were still awake and they told me that since I had taken a sleeping pill, they would take me up to SLC. My family told me to go up to U of U hospital because they were going to life flight Nancy and/or the baby up there. So we fell asleep in the waiting room and it ended up that they didn't life flight them to U of U, and they weren't even going to go to U of U. My roommates were so good to me that night! After Tyler was born, they life flighted him up to LDS Hospital. As soon as we knew that they were going life flight him there, they took me there as fast as they could. I was the only family member there (everyone else was at Alta View with Nancy and Dallas). I got to see Tyler get off Life Flight and I was the "family rep" (as the life flight people called me) and I got to walk with him up the NICU. I spent a lot of time up there with Tyler in the NICU. I was so glad to be living so close to Nancy and Dallas when I moved up to SLC so I could spend a lot of time with them.

I can't believe my little man has turned 3. He has gone through so much in his 3 years. He is such a hero in my eyes! Thank you for letting me be your aunt! I have been part of your life since before you knew it! I was there for one of your ultrasounds and I am so glad that Nancy has allowed me to be there. Happy Birthday! I am going to come down in a few months to see you. I love you TyTy!

2 comments:

nancy said...

Thanks Nicky he had a great day.

Grandma Labrum said...

So where were you at 2:00 am on a computer? I know I have your computer so you weren't at home! Fess up now!