Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the Mend

I went back to work a few days this past week. It was really hard! There was a lady at work that was sick a little longer then I was with pretty much the same thing I had. The dr's couldn't find anything wrong with her but her liver function was high. We talked and our symptoms were VERY similar. On Friday she got some test results back and she was postive for... MONO! AND, there have been a few other people out at work the past few days with the same thing we had.. We are all hoping there is not an epidemic of a mono breakout at my work.

On Thursday, I went and had a follow-up with my dr here in SLC and I do not have an ulcer!! YAY!! I have gastritis so I will be on the prilosec to control the acid reflux. I also had them test me for mono. I have not got the results back yet so I guess we will see what they say! I have had so many blood tests trying that they have had a hard time trying to find a vein. But I told the dr do not do a strept test on me because it will come back negative.

Today was Aunt Kaye and Uncle Duanes mission homecoming. I love being with the Labrum family. I love hearing stories about Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma and Grandpa Labrum have had many missionaries come from their family. I counted 20, and that was including Grandma and Grandpa. What great examples we have as a family! Not to mention all of the men that have/or in bishoprics. I was so little when Grandpa passed away so I don't have many memories of him. Having De and Scott tell stories about farming back in the day... Then of course, Kenny arguing saying "THIS IS HOW IT IS" then you have Uncle Duane saying "No, THIS IS HOW IT IS!" Just another Labrum trait, as Scott said! :) Having the family together is always so much fun! There is never a dull moment when the Labrum family is together!

I have pictures I finally downloaded from when the family went to Chuck-E-Cheese and when I went home and went fishing at Grassy Lake AND from when me and Tammy went to Tim McGraw. It is late so I will post them later.

No comments: