Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!




31 years ago my parents got married in the Ogden Temple. I love hearing their story, it shows true love! 2 of my moms friends were up at Utah State and they had this friend (my dad) who wanted a girl to write him on his mission. SO, Jay and Joylynn Humphrey asked my mom if she would write this missionary. For almost the 2 years my dad was on his mission in California, my mom wrote him on his mission. He came home and had his misson homecoming and he proposed to my mom. He had his sisters pick out the ring for him. 2 months later they got married for time and all eternity in the LDS temple. Not long after that the kids came. For the first few years they were married, they lived in Cornish, Utah with the rest of the Labrum family working on the farm. Right before I was born, they moved down to Emery County. Where they have lived ever since.

They have 4 kids, 3 who are married, and 6 grandchildren. Their grandchildren light up their life! They have taught me so many things and have been there for me so many times, I don't know where to start! They are great examples to me. I hope you have a great anniversary! I hope your 1st day of school went ok.

1 comment:

Grandma Labrum said...

Thanks so much for thinking of us today. So far our day has been nice but I am missing Lexi so terribly today. After I cry a bucketful I will be ok!