Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a good christmas! I was not able to go home to Orangeville for Christmas. I had to work yesterday (FedEx delivers on Christmas so I was still working) so I stayed up in Salt Lake and due to the weather, I didn't want to risk anything. FedEx was soooo slow yesterday that we did nothing at work until they delivered at 1 yesterday so we started working at about 1:30. After work, I went over to Tammy's and I watched THE NIGHT THEY SAVED CHRISTMAS with the kids. We got the webcam all set up and we talked with mom and dad and the Browns. It was fun. Koy had fun talking to "NaNa" and Kayden just liked to see himself in the camera :)

Santa did make it to my house :) I got a nice Columbia coat. I needed a new winter coat since we have been getting non-stop snow here. Thanks for the gifts everyone. I got a $50 gift card toward southwest airlines from the Browns and a necklace, a digital picture frame from the Gales, and a gift card for iTunes from the Labrums. Lexi was also so thoughtful and bought me a gift from a store they had at her school.

I woke up and went to Tammy's and spent the morning with them. It is always so much fun watching little kids get so excited over the gifts Santa bring. Koy kept bringing me his gifts to open for him because he just couldn't do it. I hope everyone liked their gifts from Aunt Nicky :) I tried to do my best but it is really hard to get things when the family is so spread apart.

I am being honest, this Christmas was really hard for me. Since I was alone, it was hard. Last weekend, I did have a breakdown and I cried to dad. I really wanted to go home or at least be with mom and dad. But with this weather, I completely understand. We didn't wake up to any new snow but down in Emery they did. It has been blowing really hard all day and the storm is coming in. My new coat is working great!:) I really appreciate the Gales letting me spend christmas morning with them. I even took my nap there and I loved having Koy come and cuddle with me and he ended up falling asleep with me (I love having my little snuggle-muffin by me sleeping). I have been really emotional this christmas so all the gifts helped out knowing that people care about me. I didn't like working on Christmas Eve.

I am glad I was able to talk to all the kids today! Knowing they are happy makes me so happy! I love them all so much! I miss all of you so much!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We hope you had a great Christmas!!! Morgan LOVED her gift from Aunt Nicky. Max would like a bike, but it is out of stock, they think it will be in soon. He has rode the one in the store a billion times. Thanks for thinking of the kids!

nancy said...

Christmas is a hard time to be alone. My first christmas alone was when I was 22. After that it was what you made of it. When I was in logan mom and dad came up but it was what I made of it. I know you made a good christmas out of being lonely. Next year it will pass!!

looks like you got a good loot of fun presents.

Tammy said...

thanks we enjoyed having you here. The kids all loved their gifts!

Scottie and Tasha said...

I'm sorry you couldn't make it down to EC for Christmas and you had to work Christmas Eve :( Are you going to go down this weekend? I'm PRAYING really, really hard it doesn't snow so I can make it down!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!