Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

It is officially looking like Christmas outside! This morning I woke up to wind blowing like crazy. I climbed back in my bed for a little more sleep. Woke up at 9 and it was SNOWING!! The weather forecasters said there was a storm coming and they were right. It has been snowing pretty much all day.

We had our Christmas Party at Myriad yesterday. HR makes Breakfast (YUM!) Everyone looks forward to it. It starts at 8 and goes until about 11. Everyone lines up for the bacon! :) They make sure we are nice and full! They feed us with pancakes, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, pastries, doughnuts, fruit, juice.. It is so nice! I love working for Myriad, they really treat their employees good!

Today was the Labrum Christmas party! It was out at Aunt Luanns. We missed a lot of people because of the weather but it was good. We still had a good turnout. The food was good, as usual. Me, Tammy and Uncle Mike made sure to test out Jen's chocolate first! :) After lunch, the special "visitor" came. All the little kids got their chance to sit on his lap and get their bag of treats. Koy was cute when he saw Santa! He sat his lap and he said "ho ho ho merry christmas!" Kayden on the other hand, he wanted his bag of treats but did NOT want to go NEAR Santa! Aunt Luann helped to get him near Santa so we could get a picture. We got him to sit on the stairs so we have a picture with a wall between Kayden and Santa :) that was as good as we could get. In the bag of treats, they had better treats then we had growing up! We had peanuts and and orange! LOL.. they had good candy! Only the Labrum family would give out fruits snacks but what kind are they... JOHN DEERE!!! We left the party early so dad could head home. Me and Tammy headed to Walmart to go shopping. I got my Christmas shopping done except for mom and dad... So, yay for me! :) When we were at Walmart getting christmas gift, Kayden said he needed to get a christmas gift for JJ (Jeremy and Rachel's little boy) he then said "I LOOOVE JJ"

While at the family party, I was telling Tammy that we didnt get all the entertainment growing up like the kids now have at the party (they had the Christmas Classics DVD going on the Big Screen). We had the parties at Uncle Lee's and our entertainment was the rabbits. And we all crammed upstairs for the family "talents". But I think that because of those memories, it makes the Christmas memories memorable. The Labrum parties are always so much fun, and you all have to admit, we always have fun. No matter how often we get together, we can always find something to talk about. It was different not having the whole family there..

The snow started falling when I pulled into my driveway. The storm is supposed to last the next few days. Hopefully everyone stays nice and warm. I took pictures at the family party, I will post them hopefully... soon! :)

4 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

I'm glad some people enjoy the snow :) j/k... well sort of :) This could be a REALLY good reason I could be talked into moving to Phoenix!

Your family parties sound like so much fun! I'm glad the weather didn't ruin it for everyone!

Grandma Labrum said...

I wished I could have gone. Oh well, I learned how to add and subtract fractions instead. And what snow are you talking about? We didn't get any in EC. Oh, a little dusting when we woke up on Saturday morning, but it was soon gone. Where is the snow? (Not that I like it, but it would sure help it to feel more like Christmas.)

nancy said...

um no thank you. I am fine with 70 degress.. YAY for arizona

Monsen3 said...

Where did you find John Deere fruit snacks. They would make a perfect stocking stuffer for my hubby!!