Saturday, October 18, 2008

YAY for MOM!

I am so proud of my mom! She is so good at her handwork. She is ALWAYS doing crocheting. I remember growing up and always helping roll the yarn into balls for her. Traveling, she takes her crocheting with her just to keep her hands busy. She does an AMAZING job at it. She makes afghans and more afghans :) Everyone in the family who has been married (all the cousins) knows that their wedding gift from Aunt Lori and Uncle Garth is an afghan that Aunt Lori crochets for them. So if you want your afghan, you need to personally call Aunt Lori and tell her you are getting married as soon as you get engaged so she has enough time to prepare to make it. With her own kids... She made White blankets for them to be taken to church in when they got blessed. With Morgan and Lexi, their blessing dress was made for them by my mom. She works so hard to make them. She actually entered Morgans in the Emery County Fair and got a BLUE RIBBON for it! Max actually got to wear the booties and hat that Grandma Nell made (MY grandma) for her first boy which happened to be Barrett because Grandma Nell had all girls. Barrett was the first boy in the family. So Barrett got to keep them. THEN, When Max came along, Max wore them for his blessing. On his blessing day, we all just cried when my mom put them on her grandson knowing that they were once put on Barrett by his grandma. The hat was kinda tight because Max's head was big! :) Now Chantel and Barrett have made a little box that the hat and booties are in. They have been saved for over 50 years.

Well, The reason I post this is because my mom is accoomplishing some of her lifelong dreams. Growing up, I remember her saying over and over how she would really LOVE to just sit and play the organ at the temple. One time she went over for a session and they needed an organist. She got to play the organ. Another thing I remember her saying over and over growing up she is getting that dream to come true now. You can read about it on her blog HERE. Please check it out! I am SOO proud of my mom. She has a talent that others don't have. And to get this honor to do this is just amazing!!

Mom, I am so proud of you!! Grandma Nell is looking down on you and I know she is so proud of you. You kept that gift of your handcraft. You have passed that on to Tammy. I am just at awe of you guys. I couldn't pick it up, I am so proud of you. Just thinking about it makes me cry. Your gift of needlework will be able to be seen by so many people now and it is really touching! I know this is something you have always wanted is for your needlework to be in the temple and now it is going to have that chance. Mom, Grandma Nell is so proud of you. This is why people always come to you asking for your help, you are really good at it. I am so honored to be your daughter and I love you so much! Sorry I never did pick up on the needlework.. :) I tried, but I can't do much after doing a chain :) Just know that you have a special gift. And your gift is going to be seen by others now. BUT, don't forget, you have 1 daugher who's not married.. I still need blankets when I get married :)

I love you mom.. I am so proud of you! Just know that grandma is proud. Grandma and Grandpa Labrum are proud too. Your family, we all love you and support you. If I was there with you, I would give you a big hug and I KNOW we would start crying (we will blame it on the Ware side) but that's what families are for.. I love you so much!

8 comments:

Chantel said...

She is a pretty special Grandma :) WE love our special little booties and hat and our AMAZINGLY perfect blessing dress for Morgan. They were both special days made even more special by Grandma!

Leslie said...

Hey Nicky,
I decided to go private and don't have your email. If you'd like you can email me at jerandles@infowest.com and I'll send you an invite!! Leslie

nancy said...

Agree with Chantel...


the end...


Nancy

Grandma Labrum said...

You are all so nice and sweet! Thanks for your encouragement.

Monsen3 said...

I wish I could even play the piano, let alone the Organ at the Temple. Awesome!

Jaley Stilson said...

Hey...in case I don't get on in the next few days...HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 26th!! That's the right day...right? Anyways, hope it's a great one!!

The Robinson's said...

My doctor is really in Springville I really like him I have been going to him for a long time, but when I was pg with Harlee I found a doctor in price that I liked, and he has now moved so I am back to the doctor I had before. He delivers in Payson.

Scottie and Tasha said...

That is soooo cool! You have such a neat family!

P.S. I tried to call you and the phone number didn't work :( Are we still on to party tomorrow??? Email or call me!