Sunday, May 4, 2008

MAD HOUSE

The month of May is going to be CRAZY!! With the new schedule at my work, we have 3 seperate "teams" and they have to work every 3 weekends. This weekend was my weekend to work and of course, the computers didn't want to cooperate! They were probably thinking "why are people working today, it is a SATURDAY!!" (at least that's what I was thinking). Then right after work, I had to run out to my Aunt Luann's for my cousin Marci's wedding shower. Of course, I was in my comfortable sweat pants! :) My dads side of the family is SOO much fun! My cousin Sue was sitting there on the couch just laughing the entire time saying "I could just sit here for hours and just listen to you guys and get entertainment". There is never a dull moment when the Labrum family gets together! As soon as I left my Aunt Luanns, my head started POUNDING! I got the worst migraine that I have been trying to get rid of all day today.. Today is my dad's birthday and tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I tried to tell my mom to go to breakfast this morning while in Moab and tell them to give them the Senior Citizen's discount (even though they aren't there yet) :)

Next weekend is Lexi's baptism! I can't believe she is old enough! I am so happy for her! So next weekend I will be going down to EC to be with the family. PLUS, I am happy to be able to spend Mother's Day with my own mom! Mother's Day has always been a tough day for the family because my mom had lost her mother so it was always a hard day for her.

The next weekend, I have 2 wedding receptions to go to. Friday night I have my former roommate Lyndee's reception in Syracuse then Saturday night I have Marci's reception in Clearfield. My parents will be out in Kirksville for Barrett's graduation from KCOM (he will ACTUALLY be a dr now, YAY!!) so I will be the family representative for Marci's reception.

Then by the next weekend, it's been 3 weeks and BACK to work I go. BUT, it is also my niece Morgan's birthday. I don't know if Barrett and Chantel are planning anything for her birthday, if so, I will try to trade weekends with someone. It is also Memorial Day weekend, so I will have time to recooperate :)

So if I am mean and grumpy this month, please bear with me! I have SOO much going on and we are hiring more people at work to help with the work load (thank goodness) but I still have duties that others don't. I have been putting in a lot of OT and it is really wearing me out, but that's alright. I really love my job! I am just really thankful I have such a great job! May just isn't a good month!

1 comment:

Grandma Labrum said...

It is all in your attitude, so make it a good month! Look at all the good you will be able to do, all the smiles you can spread around, all the activity you will be getting. So much better than just sitting alone at home. It will be a great month full of fun and excitement!