Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I am not a big fan of this day. I love my mom and sisters, it's just hard when it is dedicated to all mothers and I am not a mother. I want children SOO bad!

I have an amazing mom who is there for me whenever I need her. And I have 3 amazing sisters who I don't know what I would do without them. They have brought 6 of the most precious gifts into my life, each one a little different. I was getting a little stressed because the stuff for the gifts I was making hadn't come until Friday. So I stayed up until 11 pm to make them. I know, 11 pm on a Friday night.. WOW. But the next day I had to get up early for the Race for the Cure Breast Cancer walk.



I made this craft for my mom and dad. It is for their birthday/mothers day/fathers day (I will still get them something for fathers day) I also made one for my Aunt Linda. I know how it feels not having kids of your own, so I thought of her and made her a Mothers Day gift.



This was my Mothers Day gift for my 3 sisters. I wanted it to be JUST PERFECT! Since the stuff didn't come until Friday, Chantel's will be late getting to her (sorry Chantel)


While I was doing the Race for the Cure walk, I couldn't help but think of the ladies in my own family. Breast cancer runs in the family. When my Grandma Nell died, her cancer had metastasized and they don't know the original origin. But over the past few years, 2 of my moms cousins have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Walking for this GREAT cause with almost 17,000 people just had chills down my spine. According to the Susan G Komen website, $215,918.23 Raised. And that wass just raised in Utah. This is a nationwide event. On a side note, that's why I enjoy working where I work. I work at Myriad Laboratory where they do genetic testing for Breast Cancer. I know, that I gave Grandma Nell a great gift for Mothers Day, walking in the walk. All the money raised goes to help find a cure for breast cancer.


Happy Mothers Day to my family! I love you all!

2 comments:

nancy said...

I loved my present. Thank you. Its ok to not have kids. I know how bad you can want one though. Keep you being the best Aunt ever and keep your head up... Go out and do something for you! You might like it

Grandma Labrum said...

Love you, Nicky!