Monday, November 10, 2008

3 years ago......



3 years ago today, I got one of the greatest surprises! I tried to go up to LDS and PCMC as often as I could to see Baby Ty. It was so hard for me to go and not be able to hold him so I would just sit there with my hand in his little incubator and hold his hand and I would talk to him. For a while, we couldn't rub him because it COULD rub his precious skin off.

Well, on Nov 10, 2005 I met Nancy up at PCMC and just as I usually did, I scrubbed in at the sink and went to his NICU room. Nancy looked at me and asked me "Nicky, do you wanna hold him?" I was in shock.. I held him and of course, being the Ware I am, I cried! Then I asked Nancy if she could get me a pillow to put under him so I could feel like I was holding something! This was something that I will never forget! She TOTALLY surprised me that day. I longed to hold this little miracle that I had been coming to see and now I had that moment. I sat there and I just held him and I just talked to him. And even to this day, whenever I talk to Nancy I will not pass up a moment that I will not talk to TyTy. Sometimes he does not go for the phone, but I have to tell him how much I love him! I love hearing Nancy tell him to tell Nicky Pooh Pooh "I love you" and he just laughs..

Thank you Nancy for this memory! It is National Preemie Month so you can read all about his story on Nancy's Blog. Tyler is a hero in my eyes!

I love you Tyler!

5 comments:

nancy said...

Thanks Nicky He is so much fun right now. He is getting big and is all over. You won't need a pillow any more :)

Adri and Cory said...

Hey that is so crazy that they go to South! I will have to get brave on day and ask this lady her name and see if it's her!

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Leslie said...

Wow! What an amazing story! I got on her blog and looked at a few things. Thanks for sharing.

..::k.toms::.. said...

He sure is a blessing!