Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's MY birthday


Well, it's finally MY birthday. I had a good day today for my birthday, thanks to my family.

I thought I was going to be sick because I came down with laryngitis but thank goodness I got over that just in time. My voice came back Sunday! But I took Friday off of work for a long weekend to recover.

I was hoping that I would have a nice birthday weekend and be able to celebrate it with my friends but it didn't turn out the way it was planned. Like I said, Friday I took off work to get extra rest because of the laryngitis. I wouldn't have been any help at work since I do customer service and talk on the phone for my job. I couldn't even get a squeak out and I deal with Medicare patients so that was pretty useless. I woke up Friday to pounding and scratching on the walls and floors from the neighbor, they were putting carpet so that lasted all day. I had a hard time sleeping because of the coughing but I was able to get in to the dr to get cough medicine and just to make sure it WAS just laryngitis since you never know with all the different sicknesses going around now.

Saturday I got up and cleaned the house because I was supposed to have a bunch of friends over that night for a party. I got cute homemade cards from 2 little kids in Missouri who I miss SOO much! My friends Abdul and Ahmed were also going to take me out to dinner that night for my birthday so I had to have the house cleaned before I left. I went and treated myself to a new outfit for my birthday and a new digital camera since my broke. Ahmed fell asleep so Abdul took me to dinner at a Sushi restaurant (YUM!) just down the road from our house (he lives really close to me). I got home right about the time people were supposed to be showing up for the party. It wasn't long that I soon realized that nobody was coming. I then sat there alone and cried. I felt pretty sad for myself (I know, I shouldn't have but I did).


Sunday I got the cutest call from Morgan and Max. I couldn't help but cry when they got on the phone and started singing happy birthday to me. They are getting so big. Then I had to laugh when Morgan told me "Nicky, you are getting OLD!" and when Max got on and he was so excited for me to have a birthday and REALLY wanted me to have an ELMO cake and for me to be with Kayden for my birthday. Those kids are growing up so much, they talk so well. Makes me miss them so much, I wish they lived closer so I could spend more time with them.

Today we had a potato bar at my work for my birthday. It was SOO good! Yes family, I ate a potato! Around 2, I got a nice delivery from the receptionist. Mom and Dad sent me flowers. It was 2 yellow roses! BEAUTIFUL! I was able to leave work early to spend the rest of the afternoon with Tammy and Nancy and the kids. We went to Nancy's and carved pumpkins and did crafts. I just wanted to tell my family that I love them so much. Thanks for letting me cry to you when my weekend didn't go as planned. I know that it hurt you guys as much as it hurt me because I could hear it in your voice when you said you were sorry. I could see it in Tammy's eyes when I told her because she had nothing to say but sat there saying "i'm sorry" Nancy said that you guys wanted to show me how much you guys love me and that YOU guys care. You guys DID show me! I know no matter what my family will always be there. I also want to tell my friend Abdul thank you. Out of all my friends, he was the only one that did follow through with his words. He even came up Sunday to check on me to make sure I was ok. He even brought me a gift (new sunglasses, a necklace that says BFF and a card.. that's big for a guy)

I just want to end saying that for 14 years my birthday always hasn't been the greatest. Grandma Labrum died 14 years ago and that is always the first thing I think about when I wake up on my birthday. It really makes me miss her more and more.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!

7 comments:

nancy said...

Gee that is a really nice craft. I am sure it took all night and all day! :) glad you had fun. And gee nicky those poo brownies were good :)

Tammy said...

the poo brownies were the best thing of the night. We should have had ice cream to go with them that would have made them even better poo brownies.

..::k.toms::.. said...

Happy Birthday Nicky! Hope you had a great one despite all the things that went wrong... There's always one thing you can count on and that's FAMILY!

nancy said...

HEY my soup was good to! But yes some nice vanilla ice cream would have gone perfect with poo brownies

Adri and Cory said...

Hey happy late b-day but I gues better late than never.

Monsen3 said...

Happy belated birthday. Glad you had a great day.

Grandma Labrum said...

Is it still your birthday?