Monday, October 12, 2009

He is 5!



Kayden is turning 5! I remember getting the call from Tammy saying she drove herself to the hospital and she was in labor. I just sit back and think that it has only been 5 years but then also I think wow, it has been 5 years. So many things have gone on in the 5 years of this little boys life. When he was 2 weeks old they diagnosed him with Hypoplastic kidneys (small kidneys). His kidneys stopped growing in ureto. He was in renal failure. I remember staying 1 night at PCMC with this little tiny 2 week old so my sister could spend some time with her husband and their 4 year old daughter (the nurses were a little upset because they wanted to hold the baby all night). Kayden was able to undergo a kidney transplant 1 month after his 2nd birthday. We will always be grateful for that donor!

I love having Kayden close by now. Everytime I talk to him on the phone is always asking me if he can come to my house. Last week he asked if I would come "hangout with him" at him house. He is so happy to be 5! (unless you tell him he is a big boy now and he can do things by himself because he is 5. Then he'll tell you "I'm ONLY 4!")

A few things I have learned about Kayden:
1)He LOVES green, if there is anything green, he HAS to have it
2)Loves his "pink milk"
3)Lately he is obsessed with "army guys"
4)Loves to be with his grandpa
5)He is so tender-hearted
6)You know if you have Kayden around, you will have Koy following him. And you KNOW that means T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!


Happy Birthday "little man"

1 comment:

Grandma Labrum said...

Love that "baby" picture of Kayden. What a chubby face he had when he was pumped full of calories.