Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandpa


Today is Grandpa Rue's birthday. He would have been 79. It is the "first" birthday since he has passed. Every year since I have been on my own I have called him to tell him Happy Birthday. I would wait for him to pick up that phone and hear him say "Oh my stars!" and then when I would tell him Happy Birthday, he would say "how did you know it was my birthday" even though it seems we all knew it was his birthday. It was always around Stake Conference and we always tried to have a family BBQ on the deck. I have thought of Grandpa all day today. Mom and Julie even said on grandpas blog that he would always remind everyone that it was around the first day of spring and growing up, that meant he could take off his undershirt. Well, it didn't feel like spring today. It has been snowing! I hope Grandpa has been enjoying his birthday today. I've been thinking of him all day! I love you grandpa! Always and forever!

No comments: