Sunday, March 7, 2010

Crafts-GNO

I HAVE FOUND MY NEW HOBBY!!!





When I got my first vinyl to do for my birthday from Nancy, I thought I wasn't sure if I would like it (it was a craft). But I did it and I LOVED it!
Nancy and Tammy invited me down to Nancy's house for my birthday and we had a little party there with the kids and I did my vinyl and the kids carved pumpkins and Lexi even did her own vinyl.

I did 2 vinyl's for 2 of my friends for work. They really liked the craft I did for my birthday so I thought I would do a craft for them for Christmas. Since Christmas was so hectic with Grandpa's funeral and everything, I BARELY got them done in time before we had a few days off for Christmas. Don't worry other people from work, yours will be coming! :) The crafts are so relaxing to me and just a fun time to sit around with friends and talk and have a good time.

On New Years Eve, Nancy and I went to the craft store and got a vinyl that I did that I want to put in the bathroom. My bathroom is a light blue and I really like the saying. It's hard to read in this picture but it says "Someday my prince will come"

I got this vinyl as my christmas present from Nancy, Dallas and Tyler. So while we were crafting the others, I did this one. I LOVE how it turned out!

At that same trip, we also got crafts for Valentines Day. You can buy crafts for every holiday. I picked the vinyl letters of KISSES and placed them on the wood blocks and then glittered them. I had them on my fireplace in my house. Kayden and Koy LOVED to play with them. They called them "castles" and the colors had to stay together.

Last week at work, I was talking to some friends and we decided to do a craft yesterday. I met Crystal at the craft store called The Wood Connection. We did crafts last night at my house. I don't have a table so I bought a shower curtain and laid it on the floor. It worked perfect. No paint got on the carpet! Since my boss LOVES St Patricks Day, I thought I would be nice and also do a craft for her. Me, Crystal and Jill did our craft, and also did a craft for our boss Lynne. Me, Jill and Lynne did LUCK I added 3 shamrocks with mine.

Crystal wanted to do HOME with interchangeable "O" for every month. But they didn't have the M so right now, it just says HOE. :)

We will be doing crafts once a month now and just switch houses. It takes just about an hour to do the craft, so not long and you have something to show. So if you are interested in coming, just let me know. Next month we are doing it at Jill's house and we will be doing SPRING/EASTER!! May I think we are doing it at Crystal's.

I also spoke to Nancy's friend Stephanie Ellis Taylor. She makes the vinyl's. I told her I can't find vinyl saying that I like. She said to contact her and she will make them. So if you are interested in doing vinyl's instead of the block words, I can let her know the saying and she can send up the vinyl for you. This is such a fun hobby and something I am proud to say "I did that!"

7 comments:

Grandma Labrum said...

Just try it. You'll like it! Glad you found something to do. Looks great.

Unknown said...

This is just Chantel, but I am too lazy to sign out of my business account :) It looks like you are having fun. They turned out SUPER cute {minus the hoe :)} You will have to plan one on July while I am there.

Scottie and Tasha said...

Aren't Crafts fun?? I craft with Tuesdee every week- it is so much fun!

Nicky said...

Chantel, we most definately can do something when you come! Just let me know the dates and I will get things all ready. Just tell me what you wanna do. Check out the webpage and I can get the wood and paint

Pan said...

I was just passing by and had to comment. Your signs are great and I love the sentiments.
Pan
http://smallstuffsewingroom.blogspot.com/

nancy said...

Um I would have liked to come.. JERK! Let me know when you are doing it again. I kinda like crafts a little bit

Grandma Labrum said...

Wow, Nicky! Six comments! You are lucky.