Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When one door closes, the next one opens...

I know it has a been awhile since I wrote last. What a rollercoaster I have been on! Just last week, I went from being REALLY REALLY high one day to REALLY REALLY low the next. I did a lot of crying, but I took care of it. If it wasn't for a lot of great friends (and wonderful family to talk to), it would've been a lot harder!

I did get a great experience that I never thought would come... I got a promotion at my job!! The best thing is that the door just opened up for me, I just took the opportunity when it was given. I walked into work one day and got an interview for Customer Service (no, I will not be on the phones). I am really really excited about it. It didn't take them long to make the decision and I started some training today and I will officially start next Monday. I don't think it could've come at a better time in my life. I look back at everything and I really needed this. I have been at this company for 2 1/2 years, and I really needed this. It was hard to accept the position because I am so comfortable in Data Entry but I really needed to move on. I am so grateful for being given the chance to do this.

With the low I had, it was probably the lowest low I've had in a really long time. I got some pretty harsh news that I wasn't expecting and it really took me by surprise. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have that helped me get through that. I am also SOO grateful for my family for being there for me. I got the news at work, as soon as I got off work I called my mom and I just cried to her. She helped me realize that I deserve so much better. I also talked to Nancy and she helped me out a lot. She knows how I feel about somethings and how hard it is to have to go through what did and what I still go through. I did realize that my friends and family will always be there for me no matter what. They are my strength when I need them.

I know I don't tell them enough but I am soo thankful for everything that my friends and family do for me. This past week, I really depended on them for so much! I have the best friends/family anyone could ever ask for! :)

I hope that you know that because I haven't kept up to date on this, isn't because I don't mean to.. I really had to deal with a lot last week. If I could express what that rollercoaster was I would. Some people just won't understand. I know if some knew what it was, their response would be "get over it" or "move on" but for me, it's not that easy. It just takes time (and sometimes a lot of crying)

4 comments:

Monsen3 said...

Congrats on the promotion. I hope things keep looking up for you.

Leslie said...

ditto with the above comment!
Sorry you're going through something hard and hope things get better soon!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Congratulations on the promotion! That's exciting!!
And I sure hope you start feeling better. I hate that it takes you SO LONG to be happy in life and one little thing can shatter all that in an instant. Then it seems to take forever to get back to happiness. I hope you get there faster.

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Congrats on the promotion that's awesome. and I'm glad your doing better.