Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's S-P-R-I-N-G!!

Well, it's April. It SHOULD be spring, but of course the weather is CRAZY! Last Friday the weather was beautiful and I was stuck inside at work. Saturday I was able to open the windows at my little apartment and let the fresh air come in, it was SO nice (75 degrees)

Last week, I got another boil. I dont know why I am getting these. This one was on my stomach. I tried babying it so I wouldn't have to go to the dr. I noticed it Friday March25, just like an ingrown hair. By Sunday, it was so infected but it had been draining but I was having signs of a bladder infection so I called the dr Monday morning and got in that afternoon. While I was there, the dr checked out the boil and sure enough, it needed to get lanced. It was located on my stomach so not as bad as the one before. She did pack it and told me I was not able to shower because of the gauze and since I had a bad allergic reaction to the bandaid we couldn't cover it. So I had to sponge bath. Never in my life have I been so thankful for showers! Thursday I went back to the dr for the wound check and it was healing so well!!

I signed up to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure again this year. It is May 7 downtown. We are doing it for my work. If you want to donate to ME, go right ahead. That goes directly to my page to donate. It is all for a GREAT cause! If you don't know really what Susan G Komen is, check it out. The Susan G Komen walk is something I am planning on doing every year now. It is so amazing to see so many people show up to support breast cancer. I think last year there was about 16,000 people there. This walk is done nationwide, just gives me chills just thinking about it.

Starting tomorrow I am going to be working out at work. They got a new workout facility there at work. They also have a trainer there for about 2 hours a day to help the employees. She does a 101 class and a 201 class. And starting this week, there is a yoga class. But the facilities are open all the time for the treadmill and elliptical. My team is trying to get everyone to do it, so I need all the encouragement I can get! :)

Other then that, my life is pretty much the same. Work is going good, just been slow. I love getting the phone calls from the neices and nephews. I love hearing Tyler just talk, but I do have to admit it is hard to know exactly what he is saying all the time but I'm so proud of his progress. I'm so happy the Labrum's will be moving back! I hope I will get to have some special one-on-one time with them that Aunt Nicky is really missing! I'm also so proud of Lexi and Kayden for selling enough on their fundraiser to get their limo ride (well, Lexi got it and her "friend" she picked was Kayden, that was SOO nice of her) and Koy, he puts a smile on my face when I talk to him. Last time I had him and Kayden he told me that Kayden knows a lot and he doesn't. I had to tell him that he DOES know a lot for being 4. I'm just so proud of all of my neices and nephews. And I'm so happy to be getting a new one soon. Koy and Tyler don't like to be held like babies (Max laughs too much)

April is such a busy month! A lot of birthdays! Chantel's on Thursday, Josh's next Friday and Lexi's turning 11!!

1 comment:

Grandma Labrum said...

Go, Nicky! Is the encouragement? :) I'll be donating to your page. If I don't forget again.